Nov 20, 2019

Intro To New Project

We finished working on our commercial projects. I emailed mine to my teacher. Now, we're starting a new project. It's a Music Video project. We have to choose a song to use, and form a story and use. I will be filming at TY park, as well as in my house and in one of our parents' cars. These are good locations because I will be able to film even in case of bad weather, and they are all close to our houses. This will be helpful because it'll make it easier to travel back and forth if needed.

For my music video I chose the song Memories, by Maroon 5. The plot will revolve around a subject (played by my friend Jaya), drinking (we will not be using alcohol, just red solo cups filled with water) with a group friends. One spot is empty, and through flashbacks one of her old friends (played by another friend, Isabella) will be introduced. It will be a mix of sadness and missing her old friend, and happiness because she has many fond memories of her.


My songs genre is modern pop. There are many different possibilities in terms of conventions and standards, including bright colors, heavy lighting, lots of make up and fashion accessories, tints and filters to boost colors, photo-shopped artists so they look perfect, many close ups of artists faces, and long shots of dancing/partying scenes. (Conventions of a Pop Music Video, SlideShare)


1.Costumes: The costumes used will just be casual outfits; e.g., shirts, hoodies, and jeans.

2.Lighting: The lighting will all be either natural or from overhead lights, depending on the scene. The scenes around the table will be dimly lit, so as to give a slightly depressed/down mood. The other scenes will be in black and white or a filter like sepia, to give flashback vibes. They will bright and happy in the cheerful ones, and slightly darker in the less optimistic memories.

3.Actors: The actors I will be using are my friends, Jaya and Isabella, for the majority, as the plot centers around them. For some scenes, I may ask my siblings to act as extras if I need them to.

4.Music: Only the song will be playing, the video itself will have no sound.

5.Props: The props we will be using are chairs, a table, a car, homework (papers), pens/pencils, phones, and red solo cups.

6.Setting: At my dining table, and various locations for flashbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment