Jan 17, 2020

My Pitch

My two final pitches are:

1) “When a single mother's only son is killed in what the media deems a "tragic accident", chaos ensues when she goes after his killer.”  I chose this one because I already have a good idea of what I could do with it, and I feel very confident with this pitch. It will provide the right amount of suspense and emotion to draw viewers in. I have an idea of showing how empty and emotionless the woman's life is, without giving away how or why she ended up in this situation. Then, we would show that the missing piece is her passed son. The woman will come to the decision to take revenge on his killer, and the two minutes will leave off on a note of suspense and emotion. The hardest part would probably be making the emotions clear, at least with facial expressions, as there aren't many actual lines. The shots and music will also be a main contributing factor to this. I may use my mother or a friend, depending on when they are available for filming. I would also use my younger brother to play the woman's son.

2) "Two estranged sisters trapped in an elevator together during a family vacation reveal secrets about their alienation that bring the siblings closer than ever before.”. I decided not to film this pitch for a few reasons. One of them is that I don't have the right resources or equipment to make it effectively. I don't have access to an elevator on a regular basis, and while that wouldn't be too much of an issue, I also don't have the ability to film a elevator "break down" without it seeming cheesy and badly done. If I wanted to make this into a good film, I would need more than two minutes to properly express it.

My final decision is the first pitch. I chose this one becauseI think that a lot of people will choose the horror genre, and while mine is somewhat similar (being more of a thriller/action movie), I'm not sure it will be as easy to pull off a film that leaves viewers at the edges of their seats. I also think that this will be much easier, needing only two actors and very few actual lines. Another reason I chose it is because I see myself having a lot of fun making it, and already am enjoying the storyboarding process and coming up with ideas for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment