Jan 30, 2020

Title Research: Art of the Title Website


This website is called 'Art of the Title'. It is one of two websites that our teachers showed us. I am supposed to look at them to study openings of other films. This will help give me a good idea of how to plan mine. I watched a few opening sequences. I chose action movies, since that's the genre mine will be. I noticed that the music for many of them is fast paced, often energetic and loud. The shots are commonly fast/ move on quickly. This gives a tone of action and causes the viewer to know that something exciting is going to happen in the movie. Also, the font used in the title sequences were all the same throughout one film. This gives a sense of uniformity. It helps the film seem professional and visually appealing. The titles were also usually in motion, or were shown in a creative way. This also lends to the aesthetic and excitement of the opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment